Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"I Don't Have A Bomb, I'm William Shatner!" On Stage at MegaCon 2011



Last weekend, William Shatner was in Orlando, FL for the 2011 MegaCon.  Thanks to WhatJaneSays we can place out butts in the Audience for his Q&A session without paying airfare or the price of admission.  Have I told you how much I love the internet?!

Hightlights:
                 --Shatner hamming it up while explaining why air travel for him is such an embarrassing hassle.
                 --Revealing that The Captains documentary will be scored by the cool jazz styling of Avery Brooks' piano.
                 --On new book Shatner Rules, "I’m 80 years old and should be thinking deeper thoughts…talk a little bit about how we die—never occurred to me…frightening possibilities…I could fall off this stage and die right now.”
                 --After describing his new album Seeking Major Tom (It’s fun and its apropos, science fiction and everything I hope you’ll enjoy it”), Shatner jumps into a brief rendition of Cyrano De Bergerac!
                 --The new album will also feature Brad Paisley and "Sheryl Crowe has promised to sing Mrs. Major Tom!"
                 --Shatner considers this season of Aftermath to be "the most fascinating thing I've ever done!"





WhatJaneSays still hasn't posted Part 5, so we'll just have to wait with bated breath for the Megacon Conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment